Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Two weeks from today, we will be on our way.  So much to do, and so little time left to do it.  We have begun to put things in the guest bedroom that we want to take along...everything from sleeping bags (for our AMHS ferry ride home to Bellingham), to food snacks, personal items, clothes, tools, cooler, binoculars, and of course the duct tape!
   Since we have been planning this trip since December, '11, we are wondering if we have covered all the bases.  Will our grandson take good care of our home while we are away?  Will all the bills be paid on time?  Will we have all the paperwork we need?  Will we remember where we stay each night?
   Below are some books and reference materials used in planning.
(Please note:  This post is a practice one, so I will know how to write our travel posts and add photos, without much of a hassle.)  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mo and Nell!

    What an adventure to drive yourself all the way to Alaska! And it's great that you will keep us updated about your travels through this blog. I will definitely follow you with these blogs.

    I am back home again after nine months of traveling. Next time I will write my travel blogs in English instead of Dutch, so you can follow me on my traveling too. At the moment I work and live again in Leeuwarden. I hope to get to the states again next year! Would love to see you.

    Have a good start of the trip tomorrow, safe travels and enjoy!

    Lots of love,
    Hilde (Hoogterp)

    ReplyDelete