Thursday, June 28, 2012


Nell said that it's my turn to blog (is that a verb?).  It was interesting for me to be here in Dawson Creek again.  The last time was in 1952 on my way to Alaska with three other Calvin College freshmen.  We had hoped to work there for the summer.  We spent a little time in Dawson Creek.  In my archives I found an old edition of the Milepost, a photo of Milepost "0" in the middle of DC, (remember that, Ray?) and a pennant with Dawson Creek printed on it.  At the Visitor Centre a woman asked if she could help us.  She got so excited when I showed her my souvenirs of 60 years ago, that she took pictures of them, and said that she wanted to write a story and put it on Facebook.  The museum attached is very good.  You can watch a PBS dvd about the construction of the Alaska Highway. Later Nell and I went for a walk along a trail by a creek.  She is a bird lover, so when we came upon some kind of a sparrow that let us walk right up to it, and actually touch it, she was ecstatic.  I bought some fresh sweet cherries, then found out that they were from Washington.  We ended the day with Nell photographing me by the Milepost.  Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment