Thursday, July 5, 2012

On the road again and into Alaska



Ford pickup speaks:  They are calling me 'make a u-turn pickup', because Mo & Nell can't decide which way to go in Whitehorse while looking for museums and restaurants.  I do my best to please.  I was glad to get out of Whitehorse on the 4th of July.  Travelling on Hyway 2 to Skagway was one of the most beautiful rides of the trip so far.  The scenery was gorgeous, as you can see.  I had to make many stops for pictures.  Mo even had to climb a hill to take the best picture--like a mountain goat! The road went from the Yukon T. to B.C. back to Yukon, and finally we saw the sign for Alaska.  Before we entered Skagway, Mo wanted to take the 9 mile Dyea Rd, where there was an early settlement of the Tlingets long before the Gold Rush. The road was curvy and narrow.  Nell did not like it much.  Finally they let me park at the B&B.  It is a great place to stay, and I will get a well-deserved rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment